Mentoring Strategy: ten elements in a mentoring strategy that has full integration into the fellowship of the church as its goal. On page two of the PDF: Important things to remember before each mentoring meeting.
10-Step Mentoring Strategy
- Assurances and the enemy
Beginning with Christ —
- Getting into the Word of God
Studying the Bible —
- Talking to God
The Devotional Life —
- Five steps:
- Wake up
- Settle down
- Draw near
- Pray through
- Move on
- Confirming your choice
Dealing with Persecution —
- Harassment of family, relatives, and former friends
- Dealing with spouses and children
- Winning others
Sharing the Faith —
- All the way with Christ
The Cost of Discipleship —
- The Lord’s words in Luke 14.25-35
- … cf. Matthew 10.32-39; 16.24-27; Mark 8.34-38; 9.35-37; 10.41-45; Luke 9.57-62; 17.33
- The nature of discipleship and its tension with cultural expectations
- A conversion message
- Loving Christ and the church above all else
- … cf. “first place in everything” (Colossians 1.15-20)
- … BcR’s Colossians audios on Lordship and preeminence of Christ (esp. Col 1.17-18a, 1.18b) mp3 audio
- Honoring the Lord for real
The Tithe —
- Becoming the right kind of person
The Character of the Christian —
- What it means to learn
Spiritual Authority —
- BcR’s Understanding Spiritual Authority study
- The two ways: the way of the wise; the way of the foolish
- My church
- BcR’s Baptism 2011 mp3 audio
- Obligations to the fellowship
- Expectations and discipline
Important things to remember before each mentoring meeting
- Pray for them —
- The key to spiritual power
- It weakens resistance.
- Find the right place; set the right time —
- A neutral place that is appropriate; check mood and look out for interruptions.
- The time must be regular — no longer than 1½ hours.
- Be ready to meet pressing needs —
- Be aware of their life situation.
- Always bring money.
- “LEAD” them —
- … ask open-ended questions and be sure to reassure.
- Teach them — five steps:
- Tell them why.
- Show them how.
- Get them started.
- Keep them going.
- Have them pass it on.
For additional discipleship and ministry tools, visit (at a separate site) the Navigators’ Resources page.
6110000-beg-mentoring-strategy-how-bcrx-20140301 ( 2 # )
2p | 4.67 x 7.08 in | .06mb | 1 item(s): HowTO
... for your classroom and personal use | © ncBc