ncBc’s Foundations section contains posts with resources related to the foundations for further academic studies: Hermeneutics and Exegesis, Biblical Languages, Einleitungswissenschaft, Biblical Theology
- September 17, 2012 - Outline of ncBc's formal teaching curriculum and our formal resources
- July 31, 2008 - Brief article describing basic elements of logic and good reasoning
- August 16, 2014 - The two charts in this set focus on some of the essentials of classical rhetoric
Foundations | Section 1↑ Contents
Hermeneutics and Exegesis
- January 22, 2013 - Two-page guide, presenting an approach to the study of a passage
- October 19, 2011 - Chart summarizing the "Ways to Look at the Biblical Text" and "Seven Standards of Textuality"
- July 28, 2008 - Chart summarizing literary criticism and the world of the text
- May 20, 2008 - Chart summarizing and comparing theories of "language as reference" with the theory of "language as discourse"
- January 11, 2013 - HowTo guide and reference for both "Weighing the Textual Evidence" and "Text-types and their Sources"
Foundations | Section 2↑ Contents
- June 16, 2009 - HowTO on forming the Hebrew and Aramaic letter forms
Foundations | Section 3↑ Contents
- March 14, 2008 - Chart comparing the Wellhausen's and Friedman's presentation of the Documentary Hypothesis
- March 14, 2008 - Four-page chart outlining key contributors to the development of the Documentary Hypothesis
- March 14, 2008 - Flowchart showing the development of the Pentateuch according to the Documentary Hypothesis
- March 14, 2008 - Chart characterizing the J, E, D, and P sources of the Documentary Hypothesis
- July 25, 2008 - Chart summarizing documentary sources (JEPD) for major passages of the Pentateuch.
- July 8, 2009 - Chart summarizing the content of the pseudepigraphal book of 1 Enoch
- July 14, 2015 - Apocryphal and Pseudepigraphal OT Works, listed and described in five-page chart
- June 29, 2015 - Outline organizing the well-preserved Dead Sea Scroll texts
- July 1, 2015 - Five-page chart, representing a selection of DSS texts related to Bible
Foundations | Section 4↑ Contents
- June 2, 2010 - History and Development of . . . - a branching flowchart / timeline, highlighting major movements and figures
Foundations | End↑ Contents