Day of the Lord charts illustrate a Premillennial scheme of end-time events. Each of the three charts focus on the contribution of a different portion of Scripture: the Old Testament; the NT Gospels and Epistles; the Book of Revelation.
Old Testament, focusing on Daniel’s 70 Weeks
- “From the issuing of a decree”: Daniel’s Seventy Weeks begins with the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem (Dan 9:25; c. 445 BCE).
- Antichrist: At the beginning of Daniel’s 70th week, he makes a covenant.
- Signs of Joel: The signs of Joel 2.31 anticipate the coming of the Great Day of Judgment (“The sun will be turned into darkness And the moon into blood Before the great and awesome day of the LORD comes”).
- Antichrist: At the mid-point of Daniel’s 70th week, he violates the covenant — beginning the great desolation of Israel.
- Messiah: At the end of Daniel’s 70th week, the Antichrist and his armies are defeated by the Messiah — opening the way to fulfilling the promises of the Abrahamic Covenant regarding land, seed, and blessing (Genesis 12, 13, 15, 17, 22, 26, 28, 35). All the nations are blessed through the reign of the Messiah.
NT Gospels and Epistles
- The Church Age — the “last days” in which the “spirit of Antichrist” will be on the rise (1Ti 3-4; 2Ti 3.1-9; 2Pe 2-3; 1Jn 2.18-27)
- The “Day of Christ” (1Co 1.8; 5.5; 2Co 1.14; Php 1.6, 10; 2.16) — beginning with the “Rapture” of the Church (Jn 14; 1Co 15; 1Th 4.13-18), removal of the Restrainer (2Th 2.6-7), and the Bema Seat of Christ (Rom 14.10; 1Co 3.9-15; 2Co 5.10)
- The beginning of birth pangs (Mt 24.1-14)
- A Great Tribulation and the activity of Satan — the period of judgment, beginning when the “man of lawlessness” is revealed; the Abomination of Desolation (Mt. 24.21-28; 2Th2)
- The Age of Christ’s Reign (Mt 25.14-30; Lk 1.31-33; Eph 2.4-7; Php 2.9-11; 2Th 1.10; 2Ti 2.11-13) — beginning with the “Second Coming” of Christ (Mt 24.29-31) and the separation of the sheep and goats (Mt 25.31-46)
- The “Day of God” — following the destruction of the present heavens and earth (2Pe 3.10-13); the creation of a new heavens and new earth
Book of Revelation
- The Church Age (Rev 1.8–3.22)
- The Church in Heaven (Rev 4.1–5.14) — beginning with the “Rapture” and the Bema Seat of Christ
- The Tribulation (6.1–18.14) — consisting of seal, trumpet, and bowl judgments; culminating in the return of Christ, the Battle of Harmageddon
- The Millennium (Rev 20.1-10) — beginning with the binding of Satan; lasting for 1000 years before culminating in the release of Satan and the Battle of Gog and Magog
- The Great White Throne Judgment (Rev 20.11-15)
- The New Age (Rev 21.1–22.5) — beginning with the creation of a new heavens and new earth, with a new Jerusalem