1054 CE to Present
Flowchart showing the development of Christian churches resulting from the Great Schism (1054 CE), Protestant Reformation (1517 CE), and Peace of Westphalia (1648).
- Eastern Orthodox: Greek, Slavic, Syrian, Coptic, ...
- Roman Catholic: Latin
- Radical: USA: “Peace churches,” Mennonite, Quaker, Pietist Brethren
- Lutheran: USA: Conservative and Liberal Synods
- Anglican: USA: Episcopal — Traditional and Progressive Streams
- Reformed: USA: Reformed, Presbyterian, Congregational, United Church of Christ
Largely American Churches (1800 CE; cf. Baptist and Methodist beginnings in England)
- Wesleyan: Methodist, Holiness, Pentecostal
- Independent: Baptist, Bible, Christian (Disciples of Christ)
2009-01-12: New release
2009-04-07: Added 'Baptist and Methodist beginnings in England'
2012-05-06: Changed Lutheran and Anglican text