Mike Sperou, “Confessor” — suffering for Christ; temporarily imprisoned.
While imprisoned for his faith, Mike continues to send ncBc letters of encouragement. A letter from October 2015 is included here.
c. Oct 5, 2015 | Oregon State Penitentiary
From a caged bird in a small metal box named Bethel — grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord:
- “Far from my deliverance are the words of my groaning — I cry by day but he does not answer, and by night and I have no rest — yet in Him our fathers trusted, and were not disappointed.”
- Suffering that does not leave us speechless never amounts to much in the end — there is but one purpose for us in this life, and it is the one beyond this life; call us Domini Canes, the Dogs of Heaven.
- To come to be in Christ in this time and place will lead to hostile rejection from the world, so let us steel ourselves for the persecution if we are to have any part in reintroducing Christ to the American Church!
- Let our daydreams be as Dreams of the Day, and dreams of the Day of Battle …
- And by constant perseverance overcome whatever the enemy’s cruel malice can invent, and see all his schemes come to nought.
- “What if God has decreed that we shall first be tried in humble state, and things adverse … quietly expecting without distrust and doubt, that He may know what we can suffer and how obey? for who best can suffer, best can do!” (from Milton, Paradise Regained)
I love you all with all my soul,