Mike Sperou, “Confessor” — suffering for Christ; temporarily imprisoned.
While imprisoned for his faith, Mike continues to send ncBc letters of encouragement. A second letter from September 2015 is included here.
Sept 15, 2015 | Oregon State Penitentiary
To those true saints in whom is all my delight — grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ:
- Thank you all so very much for your ongoing practical support and genuine love for me in this time of testing, and especially since it is a very trying time for you all as well.
- Let us remind ourselves that the fellowship of His sufferings, as well as the power of His resurrection, are both essential experiences on the road to truly knowing Him in this life — He Himself was betrayed and treated unjustly, so we should expect the same.
- We are not merely adherents of a teaching, but imitators of a Life; something to become, not only to proclaim — many are called, but few are chosen to truly suffer in His place, so it is a great privilege and will yield eternal rewards far beyond all comparison.
- This is not a time to question our resolve to follow Him even more intensely, for no man having put his hand to the plow and looking back is fit for the Kingdom of God — the only way is forward with hopeful expectation for the joy that must be ahead for us even in this life.
- We know we are of God, and that the whole world lies in the power of the Evil One, and the victory that overcomes the world is our faith.
a servant of the servants of God