- We believe in the Old and New Testaments as God-given scripture, infallible in their original documentation, and of supreme authority in the faith and practice of the church.
- We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in Jesus of Nazareth as the only-begotten Son of God, that He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin, and that He lived a perfect and sinless life. We believe that He made atonement for the sins of the world through His death and that all those, and only those, who place their faith in Him have forgiveness of sins and eternal life. We believe that He bodily rose from the dead and will come again to rule the earth.
- We believe that man was originally created in the image of God, that he rebelled against God and, as a result, every individual is born estranged from God and in need of the salvation which is afforded only in Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the supernatural realities of Satan and other angelic beings that are engaged in spiritual warfare for the souls of men, and are intent on leading the world’s nations away from God.
- We believe that all who receive the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior through faith, by the grace of God, have been regenerated and indwelt by the Holy Spirit, and have become children of God. We believe that this relationship is eternally secure.
- We believe in the local church as a particular representation of the universal body of Christ. We believe that its membership is to be restricted to those who have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit, that its government is to be autonomous and independent, and that its mission is to bring the gospel to all peoples.
- We believe in the personal, imminent, pretribulation return of our Lord Jesus Christ to gather His church. We also believe in His premillennial return, with His church, for the purposes of judgment, and a one-thousand-year earthly reign.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all unbelieving mankind for the purpose of final judgment, at the end of the one-thousand-year reign of Christ. We believe that all those who have not placed their faith in Jesus Christ will suffer eternal torment and destruction in the lake of fire, or hell.
7200000-ncb-statement-of-faith-sum-bcrx-20140301 ( 0 # )
1p | 8.5 x 11 in | .05mb | 1 item(s): Article
... for your classroom and personal use | © ncBc